Here are some tips you can do to help make your floor installation successful:
- Clear the decks of children, pets, customers, even staff; this keeps everyone safe and on task
- Clear an area close to the installation for the crew to work
- Remove all breakable objects from the work space
- Empty china cabinets, hutches, book cases, etc.
- Remove any loose items from the floor and closet
- Remove linen from all beds
A flooring installation is a hive of activity that is finite. When the crew arrives, take a minute with one of the team members and go over the flooring to make sure there are no flaws or damage.
Barring any mayhem, the next time you are needed will be to walk through the installation. Yes, it's exciting to see the new floor in site, but look carefully for any areas that need adjustments; share these with the foreman as well as with your sales or design consultant.
Carpet Etc considers flooring installations complete when our clients are completely satisfied.